Working with PSS9 and our customer Screen9 you will be part of our talented team of developers where everyone actively participates in the development of the product. Our team members enjoy a high degree of influence and responsibility.
We work with Scrum development methodologies and members of our team are located in our three development offices in Stockholm, Gothenburg and Krakow. We use modern tools such as JIRA and Crucible.
Development is primarily done in Python. We work with scalable development tools and frameworks such as Cassandra and PostgreSQL in a Linux environment. The video platform is a cloud service with a REST and Ajax APIs.
You are seriously into development and love problem solving. You take pride in producing quality code and see programming as a form of art. You care about how the software that you and the team produces will be used and like to think of ways it could be done better.
We think that you have an academic background in computer science or equivalent and have several years of relevant work experience as a developer of primarily backend systems. In your previous work experience we think that you will have been involved with software architecture and system design decisions. You have a strong understanding of principles of good software design and its effect on code quality and maintainability.
You have a solid understanding of working agile, specifically in terms of empowerment, values and commitment.
The position is available in either of our Stockholm, Gothenburg and Krakow offices.
Desired Skills & Experience
Required Skills and Experience
- Strong and proven object-oriented development skills
- Experience with Python
- At least 2 years of development experience, preferably in a UNIX environment
- Strong written and spoken English
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Beneficial Skills and Experience
- Large-scale computing experience of concurrent applications including high availability, scalability, reliability and distributed systems
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases and REST APIs
- Practical use of Scrum and Agile or similar lean methodologies
- Proven experience with test driven development
- Experience with UX and/or design
How to Apply
Besides a cover letter, applications should include a CV. Email applications should be sent in either text or PDF format only.
Send your application by e-mail to job.pd [at] pss9dev.com (Subject: Python Developer) or by post to:
Paweł Sałek, General Manager